I’m bringing to you another episode of Female emPOWERED! For today’s podcast, I talked about the importance of business owners being clear on their mission and vision and why it matters.
Many talk about their missions and visions all the time, but some of them don’t know what these actually mean, while others just have their mission and vision because they think they’re supposed to have them and they are just following a strategic plan. Only some actually realize why having a clear mission and vision for their business is of value.
I Didn’t Think It Was Important
For a long time, I thought that my business doesn’t need a vision and a mission. I didn’t have one written out, but I did express to my team what I wanted for my business. After attending a business leadership and mentorship program, I was told that we had to come up with a vision statement and a mission statement, as well as core values, or else I will not progress with the program.
When I did that, it transformed my business.
So, if you still do not have a vision and mission statement for your business, or you have one but don’t really think much of it, stick with me and I will tell you how and why it is a key factor.
· My personal experience with my mission-vision statements
· Strategic planning for businesses
· Mission, Vision, and Core Values – three important tools needed for strategic planning to work
· Some organizations may be able to survive without these three tools
· Smaller service-based businesses need these three tools
· These three tools help create your brand identity
· What are your non-negotiables
· The differences between a mission statement and a vision statement
· Examples of a vision statement for your business
· Examples of a mission statement for your business
· Why these are important for your business – my personal story
· How our core values affect many aspects in our business and our clients
· Attracting people who align with your mission-vision statements
· Weeding out those who do not align with your mission-vision statements
· How I am able to get a team who cares about the company as much as I do
· Start working on those vision-mission statements and core values
If you are hoping to create your vision-mission statements and core values, I invite you to schedule a discover call with me or you can check out my website first to see the programs I am offering. We still have two spots for our Inner Circle program and I hope to see you there!
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!