I am so excited for this week’s episode of Female empowered! In this week’s podcast, I interviewed Ali Zeno for a Female Founder feature. She is the owner of Essentials Physical Therapy and Training.
She is based in New Jersey but caters to out-of-state clients, too! Ali started her business after practicing in a clinic for five years. Her move to put up Essentials Physical Therapy and Training is an effort to have more flexibility for her growing family and to help more women during and after pregnancy.
Ali’s Main Goal Was To Help Women During The Pandemic
Essentials Physical Therapy and Training began right in the middle of the pandemic. People who Ali knew had nowhere to turn to because of the restrictions during the height of the pandemic, so she thought it was a huge gap she can fill.
She began with a number of virtual clients until she had to move to New Jersey. Now, she sees clients both virtually and in –person.
She was still employed in a clinic when she started her business. As her business continued to grow and decided to finally leave the clinic where she was practicing, she was able to generate $10,000 in just 60 days.
Let’s talk about:
· Ali’s bio, background, and business model
· Ali was still employed in a clinic while she was growing her business, and it was overwhelming
· Looking at your finances before you decide to go full-time in growing your business
· There is no perfect time to take a leap, but you have to plan ahead
· Ali’s specific niche in the pelvic health field
· Ali helps women to transition and heal after having a baby
· Why we need to keep the conversation about pelvic floor health
· Ali’s own story about why she wanted to start her business
· The value of saving time as a benefit from virtual consultations
· Treating clients with respect and kindness helped Ali form relationships that allowed her to have in-person clients
· Networking is relationship building
· Ali’s set-up for her in-person clients
· What are Ali’s plans during and after her maternity leave
· What surprised Ali as to owning a business
· How Ali handles the admin stuff for her business
· A powerful mindset: It can happen tomorrow
· Ali working around her husband’s busy career for her dreams
· Women can create businesses that they like because they can learn the tools that go with it
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!