I am bringing to you another episode of Female empowered where I got to interview another Female Founder! In this week’s podcast, I talked with Sarah Walton, a business mentor who helped hundreds of women start and grow the businesses that they love.
I was so excited to have Sarah in this podcast because I listen to her podcast, Game On Girlfriend, and I love how she is a straight shooter. I think you guys will learn a lot from her as we talk about how to rethink sales in your boutique fitness and wellness business.
Sarah’s Health In Relation To Her Business
Sarah has two autoimmune diseases, while her daughter has Type 1 Diabetes. She wants to help women who have health issues, too, as they work on their businesses. Sarah wants to support the fitness and wellness business community to get more money to people who understand our health and bodies.
Let’s talk about:
· Sarah’s health in relation to having the business she has now
· Sarah’s background before coaching women with businesses
· How Sarah figured out she should be in business coaching
· The more senior Sarah became, the lesser women were in the room
· You should know what stories drive you
· Sarah realizing no woman should be in the same situation her mother was
· Women must have money and know how to use it
· The similarities in my and Sarah’s “why” and how it shaped who we are today
· Sarah on women thinking they can’t do something because they don’t fit the archetype
· Women’s physiological difference
· The societal conditioning of women on feelings and roles that have to change
· Being called selfless is not always a good thing
· High-functioning co-dependence
· Sarah recommends Boundary Boss by Terri Cole
· Learned helplessness
· Sarah’s thought process on sales
· Money has love-like energy
· Bringing money into your life is a great opportunity to grow
· Do you trust yourself to have more money?
· Sales is an exchange of love-like energy
· Money never disappears, it moves
· If you have a business and it’s not generating money, you have a hobby
· Having money gives you options
· You are not your business
· The price should be congruent with what you are offering
· When you decide to invest in yourself, things will fall into place
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!