Hey there! Welcome to another episode of Female empowered and I will be talking about the reasons why most entrepreneurs have trouble managing their team. I will also touch on the topic as to how this trouble is costing them.
This topic is very important but some people might feel it is uncomfortable to talk about. If I did talk about this topic four or five years ago, honestly, it would also make me feel uncomfortable.
Talking From Experience
Most of the episodes I do on this podcast are from personal experiences. I talk about things I had to level up and things I constantly have to remind myself about. I share these because I know many also need answers to some of their questions. And with the topic today, knowing the reasons why most entrepreneurs have trouble managing their team has helped me immensely to level up to the CEO that the company needs.
· Most of us are high achievers
· Being a high achiever comes with strengths and it can also be our Kryptonite
· Being a high achiever means we are always in the future making it difficult to lead here and now in the present
· Visionaries vs. Integrators – From the book “Traction”
· When you have too many ideas, we can’t focus on any one thing – this makes it difficult to lead teams
· Hating being stuck in the weeds
· How being a high achiever is costing you
· Insatiable need for accomplishment to feed the need for external validation
· High achievers want to cross the finish line, while good leaders want to cross the finish line with the team
· Founder’s mentality
· Mindsets that entrepreneurs thinks to themselves, embody
· Having no more than 4 people directly report to you
· Some people still believe that leaders have to “whip” their team into shape
· Done is better than perfect
· Holding a space for your team if they are emotional
· We want to be the kind of leader our company, team deserves
· Tips for people who want to be “growth entrepreneurs”
If you have a team or is interested in growing a team, these are some of the things we talk about and work through in my Beyond the Movement Inner Circle Mentorship Program. Enrollment is now closed, however we will be reopening enrollment in January. You can get on the wait list now by visiting www.christagurka.com/mentorship.
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!