Hey guys! Here is another episode of Female empowered. Let me take the time to re-introduce myself in this episode as I’ve noticed we’ve been getting more downloads for the podcast so I have to share to our new listeners what I actually do.
I am Christa Gurka and I am the founder and CEO of Pilates In The Grove, a full service boutique and Pilates studio and concierge for Physical Therapy and recovery service company. By degree, I am a Physical Therapist and I have a Masters, too. I am also a Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher.
What I do in this podcast is I talk a lot about topics that will empower women, hence the name. I started doing this because I wanted to be an example of what is possible when starting, owning, and operating a successful business.
Today’s Episode – What You Need To Attract And Retain Top Talent For Your Business
If you want to get past the six-figure mark without working 80 hours a week, you have to have a team. A team could mean 10 people, three part-time people, or whatever you think is the best set-up for your business.
With all the movements going on in the workplace right now, like great resignation and quiet quitting, it is important to attract the right kind of people to your team. Quoting again from the book “Traction,” this podcast will talk about “the right people, in the right seat.”
Let’s get to it:
· Reintroducing myself for our new listeners
· Hiring a team to get past that six-figure mark
· Right people in the right seat
· If you don’t know what you stand for, what will you fall for
· The importance of Mission, Vision, and Values
· You have to have a solid onboarding process
· Contractors vs Employees
· If people in your team don’t like clarity, they won’t like accountability
· Tip Number 1: Create Career Paths
· Tip Number 2: The 6 Rs – Role, Responsibility, Requirements, Results, Reward, and Renew
· Tip Number 3: Give Your Employees Love
· Tip Number 4: Make Sure When You Are Interviewing You Are Interviewing For A Culture Fit
· Develop a growth mindset for you and your team
· Tip Number 5: Invest In Your Team
I enjoyed this episode when I researched about it and created it so I hope you did, too! Also, I just want to reiterate again that Pilates In The Grove, based in Miami, is hiring right now. If you want to be a Pilates instructor, want to learn our Mission, Vision, and Values, and you are emotionally intelligent or want to learn how to be one, a team player, and is accountable, we will be happy to welcome you!
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!