Hey guys! Today you will be hearing a new Female empowered episode. We will be talking about the three reasons why high achievers are prone to burnout. I know I’ve been talking a lot about high achievers recently, but these are the things that you should think about and dwell over.
I Am A High Achiever
I am a high achiever, and we tend to share some of the tendencies I will be talking about today. I will be sharing with you some tips on how to nip them in the bud or, at the very least, be aware of them.
High achiever tendencies have their strengths, but if we lean too much on them, they can become our kryptonite, so there are times that we have to dial it down a bit.
· Most high achievers want to do it all
· We want to do it all because we do not want to wait
· High achievers are not that good in delegating
· High achievers should set clear expectations
· High achievers resist slowing down and stepping back from “busyness”
· Why high achievers feel they have to do it all and why they resist slowing down
· High achievers think the appearance of being hardworking and productive proves we are “worthy”
· Busy and productive are different
· Success requires sacrifice
· The high achiever’s procrastination: the need for control
· Done is better than perfect – 80 percent is good enough
· A lot of oldest siblings are high achievers
· We can ask people to tell us to dial down our high achiever tendencies
With these points, I leave a challenge for you to see where you fall in this. Do you resonate with these attributes? What can you do to help yourself and those around you prevent burnout? It is doable, I am proof of it. So, if you are feeling burnout or struggling, you have to realize that there is something you can do about it. DM me on Instagram if you want to reach out!
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!