Hello everyone! Today is a new episode of Female Empowered and I will be discussing three ways how all successful business owners learn to step away from day-to-day operations.
Operation Christa Gets Hit By A Bus
This is something I have been focused on since 2016 and I named it “Operation Christa Gets Hit By A Bus.” The whole premise of this project was what would happen if I got hit by a bus and I couldn’t run the business anymore? What if I could not drive the bus anymore?
I wanted everything we did from that point on to be not tied to me. When I recognized that I needed to create a system that does not revolve around me, then I got my rear in gear and I started putting together this plan.
Now, I go into the studio probably less than 10 hours a week and that is because I want to. I come in to teach classes and treat patients during this time. For the most part, I run the studio from home.
I could go away for a month and my business would still continue to run.
Let’s talk about:
· Operation Christa gets hit by a bus
· How I work on my business now
· The easy thing: Getting other people to do your task
· The more difficult thing to do: Letting go of the mindset that they don’t need you anymore
· The three Ds: Delete, Delegate, Detach
· What deleting is all about
· What I recommend on what can you delete from your tasks
· What delegating is all about
· Ask yourself about the tasks that you need to do versus the tasks that other people can be responsible for and delegate them
· What detaching is all about
· Business owners have to detach from the outcome
· If we want something done very specifically, we have to give specific instructions
· Detaching is the most difficult thing to do
· The importance of dialogue
· If you want to grow, you have to learn how to step away from the day-to-day operations
· I am not my business and my self-worth does not come from the business
hope that you enjoyed this episode. Everyone in our Inner Circle is on the “Operation Christa Gets Hit By A Bus” so their team can step up, while they step back.
If you have questions, want support, or you want to reach out, just shoot me a DM on Instagram or e-mail me. If you want to join any of my programs, just go and check the Work With Me page on my website!
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at Christa@pilatesinthegrove.com!